Saturday, May 31, 2008

Truth or Lie, who do we believe?

Watch this video and then read below:

I think we women all know this, but here's a prime example of why we find so much wrong with ourselves. We see these women on billboards, magazines, television, and we wonder why we don't look like them. After seeing this, I think we see why we don't. Very few would match up naturally. It's a good reminder for us to keep our eyes off the media and on God's word where it says in Psalms 139:
13
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.

15 My frame was not hidden from you
when I was made in the secret place.
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!

No comments: