Sunday, April 27, 2008

My prayer from the QUEST conference

I want to stay right where I am-in God’s presence in nature. Here I can smell, hear and feel what has been destroyed by the urbanization of where I live. I am alone now all but God, His word and some of his smaller creations. I am still and I am quiet. If I can keep my mind and heart focused only on Him, I will be fed and nurtured and perhaps able to digest one tiny morsel which will sustain me in the days ahead. Lord, can I stay here? Here it’s just you and me. Thank you Lord for your creation and for allowing me to be in it this time and this place. Refresh my soul. Have your winds blow away my masks and smoke screens until there is no pretense. Warm my blood so that it rushes through my body carrying the physical impurities to the organs that will clean these impurities from me. Clear my senses from sin that prevents them from being sharp and effective. Wash my spiritual lungs of the darkness that I might breathe deeply and fully of your purity and righteousness. Surround me so I have no escape but to dwell here with you for this brief time. Touch me so that when I return to daily living I am changed.

As always God answered my prayer. I am changed. More will follow on Quest in another blog.

No comments: