Friday, April 11, 2008

CAM Center and Me

Today is Friday and I have completed my first official week at CAM center. I worked Monday at the medical office, and began Tuesday at CAM center. They have given me an office near Keegan and the mobilization department. Right now it's pretty bare with a desk and a computer, but it is efficient. This week was CAM's week to have a concerted time of prayer each morning for all of the missionaries and ministries of CAM. Every morning began with an hour long session of prayer in small groups covering each specific missionary and ministry. Wow, it's been a long time since I have been able to participate in such a prayer time. I also learned so much about the needs and praises of each of CAM's missionaries. I am humbled by what God is doing through the people serving with CAM who are all so passionate and willing to serve God in each of their fields of ministry.
After the prayer time each morning, it was time to get busy. Quest is only two weeks away and there is much to do for the final preparation. Right now my main tasks are helping Keegan get the notebooks ready for the 46 people attending Quest and helping with communication. Let's just say, I didn't lack for anything to do and the days flew by. I loved having lunch with Keegan everyday in my office. Everyone in the office was wonderfully warm and friendly, and there was none of the usual drama and anger I experience at the medical office. It was so refreshing! Next week will be much the same with a little bit more pressure as it will be the last week to finish preparing for Quest. Already I have been asked to help with another project that involves a town meeting for our US missionaries in June. I will begin on that when we return from Quest.
I am so happy God is giving me this opportunity to return to ministry again. Please join me in praying He will provide for us as our budget has taken a huge cut without my nursing salary. Thank you. I close sharing this:
Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.
-- Helen Keller

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am glad to see that you are able to help Keegan.
See you soon.
Judy