Thursday, February 19, 2009

A Short Tale of 2 Co-workers

I am always amazed at the generosity of people. One of my co-workers recently spent two weeks in the hospital. Because of all the illnesses that led up to the hospitalization, she had used up all her PTO (sick and vacation) days. When she returned to work this week, she was in such a worried state because she was going to miss one entire paycheck and she was already under heavy financial stress. My other co-worker called our main office to find out if she could gift her the PTO hours she had earned and they said yes. Thus one co-worker gifted the other two weeks of PTO hours and now the other will not go without a paycheck. Isn't that a generous thing? It gave me pause to ask myself if I would have done the same thing? (I just started here and I haven't earned any PTO yet, so I didn't have any to offer).

No comments: