Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Time is a great healer...

" Time is a great healer but a lousy beautician." author unknown.
Isn't that great? Any of you close to my age or older know just how true that statement can be. Keegan and I just went home for a quick trip to just see family, especially his dad. Everett is 90 and his sister is 94. Everett lives alone in a senior living center and is so active physically and mentally that you would guess his age at probably 15-20 years younger. Aunt Gladys is now in a nursing home and only lives in this world mentally for brief moments. They are the last of the generation in our families that went before. None of will get to choose how we age and how our final years will be, but those of us who know Christ know this world and life is only temporary and we will leave here to spend eternity in new bodies in heaven. I like what Psalm 70:10 says, " The length of our days is seventy years--or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass and we fly awayl" I know Aunt Gladys is ready to fly away, but Everett still finds much to enjoy here in this world. It was a reminder to Keegan and I to use the time God is giving us today for His glory and trust Him for tomorrow and what lies ahead. Many of us are not afraid of dying itself, but of the process. I am one of them, but this trip was reminder to me to turn my fears once again and hand them over to God who will give me His peace.

No comments: